… Said all of you to me. At least I hope it’s a *welcome* back. Hopefully people are still dedicated to reading this here blog…
The last two weeks have honestly been a bit crazy. More job interviews (yay!), visiting friends (yay!), no time to write (the opposite of yay!).
Instead of giving you grafs on grafs on grafs of boring life updates, I’ll give ya a quick (ish) list:
1. I discovered perk #412 of being Funemployed last Monday. The bestie in San Diego, M, had taken the day off work, and was unexpectedly kicked out of her apartment when the maids her roommie hired came to do their work. Who ya gonna call? Obviously the one person you know who is available for a catch-up in the middle of the afternoon.
2. K got an espresso machine as an early wedding present, which turns out is great for all of us. In exchange for going to see an apartment with her last week (future Mr. K was out of town), I got a homemade (free!) SKVL using Grandma Starbucks’ recipe. Delightful.
3. I’ve become a little bit obsessed with New Girl. If I’ve gotten one thing from my friends during this time of increased freedom, it’s TV show recommendations. Not many of them have caught on, to be honest, but I love the actor who plays Nick (Jake Johnson), so I decided to give it a try. And now I’ve watched the same four episodes (post Nick & Jess kiss, of course) about 47 times too many. In related news, I might be about to give Scandal a try. And no, I haven’t finished The West Wing yet. THERE’S NEVER ENOUGH TIME.
4. Anyone have any good book recommendations?
5. My friend L was in DC this weekend to celebrate her birthday. Even though we didn’t get to catch up as much as we’d like — she got a lot of friends, y’all — it was a great time. Included among other things: drinking, eating, watching The Lion King (along with its companion drinking game; the Internet really does have everything), recovering from said drinking and eating.
6. H and our other roommate B are both on Spring Break, which started on Friday. So far our activities have included: drinking, eating (mostly at our new favorite Pleasant Pops), and sitting in Meridian Hill Park watching some people make a movie. H and I were supposed to go to the Nationals opening day today, but I can no longer deny I’m sick (probably just allergies), and all me and my seemingly 47-pound head can handle right now is sitting on our garage roof to soak in the beautiful weather.
7. BUT the biggest accomplishment of my weekend has to be reclaiming my great Stegosaurus masterpiece. About 8 months ago, I went to one of those painting + wine classes and went rogue; instead of following the instructor, I let my imagination run wild. The result was of course a bright orange dinosaur on a teal background with “Old School” written below it. Oh, and it was wearing sunglasses. Very Miami Vice. Very cheerful. Very me. I then went straight to C’s house, and I happened to leave it behind… In the meantime, he treated it well and found a place for it on his kitchen wall. I appreciate him looking after it, but I always warned there would be a time I would need it back. That time was Saturday night.
The Great Escape: Original painting, outside the scene of the crime, outside the home, inside the home.
In order to avoid a scene, H and I snuck the painting to the front door while everyone was having a great time drinking in the living room. Then as C was saying goodbye to people, H perhaps somewhat awkwardly ran the painting outside so we could just grab as we were walking out.
C, I’m sorry but
He is happy here at home…
8. Happy April 1st // Fool’s Day! I swear everything mentioned above is true and accurate. Here’s hoping money showers from the sky in April, or that I get a job or something. AT THE VERY LEAST I’ll try to finish The West Wing. Or New Girl. Or Scandal…